- Do you have any American Muslims working on your campaign?
- Every year of his presidency, President Bush has invited American Muslim leaders to the White House for an iftar, a dinner marking the end of the fasting period of Ramadan. If elected, do you intend to honor this precedent, which would mean that Islamic prayers would be recited in the White House?
- Will your administration continue to promote democracy in the Middle East, even if it means that extremists hostile to the United States could be legitimately elected, as we have seen in Palestine and Lebanon?
- Two-part question: a) What percentage of the violence in Iraq is due to foreign fighters? and b) How many soldiers would it take to seal Iraq's borders? (extra credit for a good talib who computes answer b as a percentage and compares it with answer a.)
- Follow-up to question 4: how many soliders would it take to seal the US-Mexico border? Is this more or less than the number of troops in Iraq?
Of course, I will present the 2nd marking period madrasa report card after the debate.
note - Ron Paul has an advantage on this quiz, since he is probably the only one of the 10 candidates who reads Chronicles (my article in the June issue, which arrived today, answered questions 4 & 5).